Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I think a diving board is in order

Sunday night into Monday morning, we were hit with severe thunderstorms with wind and lots, and lots, and lots of lightning and rain. It started around 11:00 Sunday and lasted until 3:30 Monday morning and actually beyond. So as with other times when it rained, I checked the hole to see how much water was in it and how long it would set me back from continuing to dig. What I found amazed me.

Anyone for a swim?
Yes, it is completely filled with water. To be exact, that's 144 cubic feet of water sitting in where my storm shelter is supposed to be. Amazing that this amount of rain actually fell in one night!

To say the least, I don't think that I will be digging for a couple weeks , Eh? Looks like I get to focus on other things around the house/land, like cutting/chopping wood for winter.

2 comments:

Karina said...

I would say a life guard is in order because i would be completely paranoid about my kids drowning. Sorry to take the fun out of it :-)

Sarah Millington said...

Are you allowed to collect rainwater there? Maybe you should get a water storage tank!