Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 3 of the dig

Today started at 7 am when it was nice and cool and "The Hole" was completely shaded. Unfortunately, the humidity was still hitting me with every shovel full of dirt/clay. I realized today that I am digging into more clay now, and we'll see how that goes. With the first row of dirt thrown out of "The Hole", I made an important discovery. I finally reached the 2 foot mark. HOORAY!!!
The sides come up to my knees.
















I finally finished the digging today at 11:25. I am so glad that I started in the morning rather than then the afternoon. I also hope that with all the exercise and sweating I am doing, I am actually working off some poundage. Is that too much to ask for??

With a 9x12x2 hole dug into our backyard, the kiddos have fun climbing in and out, helping me take dirt out, and even helping me put some back in. Even the dogs take advantage of the space.

We are supposed to get thunderstorms starting tonight and lasting until Friday off and on, and so I hope "The Hole" doesn't become "The Pool."

3 comments:

Anaise said...

Maybe the kids can make some dishes out of all of the clay!

If the hole does become the pool, I sure hope there are pictures of the kids in it! :)

Daddy-O said...

Ella came in the house this morning after I finished digging for the day and held up a piece of clay and exclaimed, "This is my doggie made out of clay. See the tail and feet?"

They are sure having fun in the dirt, clay, and hole.

chadeuss said...

Matt: You are not alone! I know that each wheelbarrow of clay is a small mountain you are moving. I think of it as changing the face of the earth, one shovel-full at a time. I admire you!