Well, I have encountered something that I hope will resolve itself rather quickly, so I can get back digging. A few days ago, my right elbow has started to really hurt when under strain. Yesterday, instead of digging I continued to cut up a fallen tree so our wood supply for the winter will grow. Well, when I was done, I commented to Rhyetta about the pain and she said it sounds like tennis elbow. With that being said I looked it up on WebMd and some of the symptoms listed I am experiencing. Today, I took it easy and just did some light cutting of wood. Picking up branches to cut, and even picking up a cup of water was discomforting.
Now, I am not one to carry on and waaa. I am more likely to work through pain to get a job finished. However, I think it wise to let my elbow rest from the rigor of digging for a bit so it can heal. Unfortunately, there are a myriad of other tasks around the house and yard that need to be tended to. I know my mom would tell me, "Take it easy," and so I am.
2 comments:
Yes, I will say "take it easy." Also a recommendation. Go to the drug store and get s brace for just below your elbow. The pharmacist should be able to recommend the best.
To quote your mother-in-law: "Practice patience."
I think your mom's recommendation of an elbow brace is a good one.
Post a Comment