Yes, some things Kian says truly shock us. While Kian was playing with a friend yesterday (as well as helping me dig a trench in front of our house), he said something truly shocking. This friend somehow mentioned that she didn't go to church. Kian's response was quick. "You are going to Hell," was his reply. "Kian, we don't say things like that to people," was my reply. This friend mentioned what her grandma thinks of those that go to church as being "square". The conversation turned to another topic.
Where did he get this idea??? Rhyetta and I have never said this to anyone and we certainly don't teach this to our kids. We have certainly talked to him afterward about how we don't talk to people like that.
3 comments:
I'd say TV, but you don't watch TV. Where is Kian picking up this? I can't imagine anyone saying these things even in jest. Well, maybe the "man's work" one. :-)
I blame primary.
Ha! Anaise's comment cracked me up!
Post a Comment