Anaise said in a comment recently, "You must be doing something right!"
And I had that very thought to myself a week or two ago…
Kian had been begging me to listen to his Charles and Mary Lamb Shakespeare CD-books at night as he falls asleep. His favorite is Macbeth because of the scene with the floating dagger. "Please, please, can I listen to Shakespeare?!" he asked. I thought, "I must be doing something right!"
Then, we were in the car on a long drive listening to classical music on CD, and Ella proclaimed, "This is Bach!" I replied, "Actually, this is Beethoven, Ella." Then she asked, "Is Bach dead?" I nodded. She frowned and replied, "I love Bach." I thought again to myself, "I must be doing something right!"
3 comments:
Ella's comments crack me up! How many 3 year olds know Bach!!!
I thought the same thing yesterday morning when I was reading aloud to the kids from 1 Nephi--when I said, "Okay, we'll stop here," Emily whined, "Nooooo! Keep reeeeeeading!"
You're doing A LOT right... AMAZINGLY right. I stand in awe.
Watching these children grow up, and the amazing way they are learning, I'd say you are definitely doing everything right.
Loves,
Mom
Post a Comment