Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Wise Boy

I began a story about a wise man, Diogenes, to the kids yesterday but stopped to ask them if they knew what wise meant. Kian answered, "A man who saves his money." Abby answered, "Someone who keeps watch of his sheep." I thought those were interesting replies and explained it means very smart to which Abby replied, "Kian is wise!"

4 comments:

Judy Francisco said...

I agree with Abby's comment about Kian--except for HIS comment about the neighbor-girl going to hell! Ha!

Karina said...

That is soooo funny. Your kids do say the darndest things.

I miss them.

Anonymous said...

Both Kian and Abby amaze me with some of their insightful and profound comments.

I still don't know where those comments came from.

Loves

Anaise said...

That's just nice . . . and I like her answer about keeping watch over the sheep . . . rather insightful for a 4 year old . . . with no sheep!