This January has been filled with many blessings for our family. It started, of course as a new year. Being a teacher, I had two weeks off for winter break and Rhyetta was truly concerned about me returning back to work and having to deal solely with the kids again. We decided to fast and pray on Fast Sunday that when I returned to work, she would have plenty of patience, love, and inspiration on how to proceed with homeschooling. At the same time, I decided to read from the Book of Mormon each morning while eating breakfast before heading off to work. I also decided to have personal prayer before I headed off to work. In every prayer Rhyetta and I had together, or in my personal prayers, a prayer was offered up to bless Rhyetta with a great day. It was amazing how prayers are answered. Day after day when I asked her how her day went, she would say “it was good”, or “great”. Each week has been the same. In addition to Rhyetta receiving patience, and love each day, she also has been more inspired on how to proceed with homeschooling. BLESSINGS!!!
I have also prayed that our home would be filled with the Spirit, and that peace would reign. Reflecting on the past month, it is amazing to see what a change has taken place in our home. Like walking out of a fog, desires to be more like Christ have come. Desires of wanting to go to the temple often have come. The ability to talk with more patience, love, and understanding with our kids have come. We are not perfect, but in little ways we strive to be perfect; more like Christ. In our hymnal is the song “Count Your Blessings”. Our little family (compared to some in Utah) has received many blessings. I do not know how many; too many to count. What I am is extremely grateful for every blessing, small and great, we have received this year so far. As I contemplate where I will work next year, I strive to be in-tune to listen, and have the courage to follow promptings from the Spirit. I am grateful for each blessing received and hope to be worthy to continue to receive blessings.
1 comment:
I'm so happy that my family gets to be blessed by the kind of person you are. I love you, Mom
Post a Comment