Apparently I'm not a real ballerina…
During an empty moment last night, I made Felicity laugh by doing an unexpected ballerina-type dance move. She watched from her high chair and danced along with me, raising her chubby hands up high and swinging them around with a huge smile.
Ella was watching as well. She did not approve of my dancing. She quickly got up and showed me how to really be a ballerina. "Like dis, Mom," as she twirled on one foot, her arms above her head, "Den, you dance." So, apparently, after you twirl around once correctly, you are then free to dance however you want to. That's how real ballerinas do it.
I imitated what she did but it was not right. "No! Like dis!" And she showed me again. I smiled and tried again. "No, Mom! Like DIS!" Oh! I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I got up high on tip-toe, twirled around on one foot quickly and stopped, looking at her for approval. "Yes," she smiled at me, "Den you dance." I was given the okay to now dance however I liked.
Phew. That was close. If my daughters ever thought I wasn't really a ballerina…I can hardly think of it!
2 comments:
Woo hoo! I love being able to post comments!
I'm sure glad you got that dancing thing right! It's a pretty sad day when mommy can't do a proper ballerina twirl! :)
Just too cute for words...
Post a Comment