Friday, February 6, 2009

Kissing and Slapping

Have I mentioned before that Abby loves drama?

The kids and I watched an old movie, Darling Lili, starring Julie Andrews that takes place during WWI. It was rated G so I thought we could all watch it together. We had just learned about WWI and the kids were surprisingly interested in it. Well, the movie shouldn't have been rated G. There was lots of suggestive dancing and LOTS of kissing.

We had to turn the movie off to make dinner (because Ella was ransacking the kitchen) and Abby and Kian were upset because they were so interested in the movie. I laughed at that because it was a very adult-themed movie (somehow rated G!) and asked Abby why she liked the movie so much, what was her favorite part of the movie. She answered, "I liked the part where she slapped him and then she kissed him!" I laughed for a long time.

2 comments:

Anaise said...

That's the kind of stuff my girls like, too . . . why?

Judy Francisco said...

I think they identify with the contrasting emotions--anger and love abiding together. Just a random thought.