Saturday, October 3, 2009

Alexander the Good!

You know your kids are really learning when they take what they've been learning and incorporate it into their play. So tonight when Abby and Ella were in the bath with their barbies and Abby's barbie was "Alexander the Good" in her castle of diamonds and wubies (rubies), I had to chuckle.

And can I brag for a moment? That Abby is smart on math! She's been begging for math lately and is mastering addition. Ask her what is 4+3+7 and she'll answer correctly in about 3 seconds. She's loving it.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Ella is reading. No joke. This 3-year-old can read Bob books. Probably not a surprise for some of you with smartypants kids, but in this house when our first child didn't read till he was 7!, it is surprising to me.

Felicity is learning too. How to hit, how to push, how to bite, how to yell. Sigh. It's 'cause we've laughed at her for so long, but now she can really do damage. She starts crying before I put the brush to her hair because she's learned that's what Ella and Abby do!

Great kids.

4 comments:

Anaise said...

It's so funny to read about your kids and see so many similarities between our families--slow to read first kid/early to read 3rd or 4th kid; babies who copy crying over hair combing just because that's what they've seen their older sisters do; kids playing games using historical malapropisms, and so forth and so on.

But I will admit that none of my kids can add the way Abby does!

Grandma M said...

I'm not surprised That Kian ia so interested in science. Or that Abby is so good at math. Or that Ella is reading. They have wonderful teachers.

And, Anaise, this applies to your girls, too. By the way, I can read your blog, but can' comment on it. I love reading your stories!

Judy Francisco said...

I agree with Randy--I'm not surprised because they have such good teachers!

Your description of Felicity is hilarious!

It will be nice to have a CPA in the immediate family (Abby, of course). We already have a bunch of them in the extended family, and your Grandma Sanders (my mother) had a propensity for adding numbers--that's why she loved playing Blackjack in the casinos! :)

LOVE these updates!

Maria Olson said...

That is so great. What great kids you have. I can't wait to see all the great things they accomplish. I love "Alexander the Good" That is so cute.