Sunday, October 25, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

We read in the scriptures that "out of the mouth of babes" will we be taught gospel truths. Recently, we have had moments where our sweet Ella has given Rhyetta and I important insight into our lives. Kian and Abby also contribute to our daily dose of "You Can't handle the Truth."

  • We have unfortunately lost our focus with our good eating habits. Ella hasn't skipped a beat to make mention, "Daddy, you have a big belly." Always nice to hear, eh?
  • Today, we had some friends from the ward visiting us. I am sitting in our recliner talking while Ella proceeds to climb up on my lap. Again, without skipping a beat she says, "Daddy you stink." After our friends left, Rhyetta came and smelled what Ella was talking about. Rhyetta mentioned, "Daddy doesn't smell," but Ella exclaimed, "Yes, he does smell."
  • Today, during sacrament meeting the primary presented their program. Kian, Abby, and Ella did awesome jobs saying their parts. During the songs, you would hear Abby sing her heart out. This was especially true during the song "Together Forever." During this song, you could tell Abby believed what she was singing about and wanted to tell the whole world about it. So sweet to see her talent shine!
There's an old saying, "The Truth Hurts," but truths are also the sweetest words ever to fall on the ears of man, even if we don't want to hear it.

4 comments:

Karina said...

We had our primary program too. I so wish I could have heard Abby singing her heart out. Our kids did great. Libby even remembered to wave to us during her part...so cute.

4-yr-olds can be brutally honest, but Libby always has something nice to say to me. I love it :)

Judy Francisco said...

I wish I could have heard the kids too. I went with Dan and Vickie to see Amber's kids perform--about 125 kids (rough estimate; could have been more) who altogether were better-behaved than my ward's 25 monster demon-spawn kids! Not one of them misbehaved or refused to do their part. I was VERY impressed...

Libby is able to walk the line between brutal honesty and tact: She asked me, "Why are you wearing that?" with a shocked and disgusted look on her face (my threadbare but most comfortable bathrobe), but was willing to accept my explanation and cuddle up next to me anyway...

Anaise said...

Yeah, my kids like to tell me my belly is big, too.

You have my sympathy. :)

Karina said...

Libby told me my arms are fat (I'm under a lot of scrutiny here!). I told her, yeah, they were perfect G'ma arms and I worked hard to get them that way!