Monday, September 28, 2009

Funny Kian Stories

Here's another one for you. Today Kian must have been in a decluttering mode because he told me he was ready to give some of his stuff away. He bribed his sisters into helping him clean his room by offering to give them whatever they helped clean up. Abby ended up inheriting his snap kit (this is the coolest electronics toy and was very pricey). I questioned him, "Kian, do you really want to get rid of your snap kit?" He replied,"I don't want it anymore. I'm moving on to fireworks." I reminded him, "You can't mix chemicals in your room, Kian" to which he replied, "What? I only have gun powder and this fuse in my room!"

Yeah. So. Whatever phase we're entering now is going to have to be closely supervised.

The next story happened the other day while we were studying spanish. I had a spanish-english picture dictionary open and the girls and I were occupied looking up new words and learning how to say them in spanish. Kian was doing his own thing on the staircase, making a tower out of cards. The girls were throwing out common words like baby and dog and such. I didn't even think Kian was paying attention when all of a sudden he asked, "How do you say specimen?"

2 comments:

Grandma M said...

Oh my goodness, how I love that boy!!! And how, may I ask, did he obtain gun powder and a fuse?

My brother used to do that. He would go through his stuff and not want to remove the stuff he didn't want. He convinced us girls to help by saying we could keep whatever we wanted. Must be a big brother thing!

Anaise said...

I read this the first time last night and I've been laughing about it ever since. That boy and my Emily should be kept apart--they think too much and too dangerously alike!

Does he really have gun powder??!?!