Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nighttime Discoveries

On the eve of Ella's fourth birthday, Rhyetta and I discovered our cute little princesses fast asleep on Abby's bed.

Before Rhyetta and I went to bed, we blew up "Happy Birthday" balloons for Ella and put them on her bed and on the floor. We went to bed and late at night (around 1:30 am), Abby woke up to go potty. After she was done she went back to bed. About 30 minutes later, I hear Abby and Ella talking in their room. Mind you they are still on the top bunk of the bed. I get out of bed again to investigate. I get Ella out of bed to help you to go potty, and she notices balloons all over the room. In her Ella excitement voice, she asks several times "Daddy did you and mommy do this for me?," and with me trying to keep her quiet I answer yes. With Ella smiling her big Ella smile while on the potty, I sing "Happy Birthday" to my new four year old. After a couple more times of getting out of bed to calm our girls down, have them stop playing with balloons in their bed, and to finally go back to sleep I get to head back to sleep.

Since today is Sunday, we had to still get ready for church, but that doesn't stop Ella from having a special birthday breakfast. She had pancakes with PB, and four PB M&M's on each pancake. Do you think she enjoyed her special breakfast? Felicity was the upset that she didn't get M&M's and even more so when she tried to take one off of Ella's pancake and being told no. Gracious Ella took an M&M off her pancake and handed it to Felicity. What a good big sister!

That has been just the beginning of Ella's fourth birthday. How time flies!

2 comments:

Grandma M said...

I can't believe I forgot to call! Happy Happy Birthday Ella Bella!!!

Anaise said...

Happy birthday to Ella!!