Let me set the stage...
Back in March, I was asked by the principal of the school I worked at to think about next year. I didn't feel prompted to give a definite 'Yes'. We weren't sure what we were going to do, except fast, pray, go to the temple, etc. to figure out what we were supposed to do. In the meantime, April came around and we needed to give a definite answer for whether or not we were going to return next year. This was one of the toughest questions I have ever had to answer. However, through much prayer and going to the temple, we knew the answer was 'No'. So this much we knew... we were not returning to a job I knew I would have, to uncertainty.
Rhyetta and I have been exercising our faith since then. We had started contacting every possible option for Southern Utah that we knew. Nothing manifested itself into anything promising. We then went on to a teacher job website to broaden our perspective. We looked in many different states, including Oklahoma and Missouri. I even went out to Oklahoma City to a job fair where nothing promising happened. I continued to fill out applications and apply to every job that fit our parameters. Rhyetta and I were being taught several lessonsduring this time. They just happened to be patience, prayer and fasting; patience above them all. We felt like we were doing everything we could. Sporatically a call for an interview would come, either in St. George, Ut or in Missouri. We were anxious and getting ancy.
Fast forward to last week... Wednesday, May 27. I had received a phone call a few days earlier to set a date for a phone interview for the St. Joseph School District in Missouri. I was nervous as ever, but the interview went great, and was very promising. I was told that they (the interviewers) liked what they heard and all they needed to do was to check references and I would hear back in a couple of days. Well, Friday, May 29th was the day I should have heard back. I know that they had contacted one of my references and was given a glowing reference. I couldn't understand why I hadn't heard from them yet.
To make a long story short, I heard back from St. Joseph School District Monday with a job offer. I don't know what grade I will be teaching or at what elementary school in St. Joseph, MO, but I know that I have an offer and a contract in the mail. After many weeks of prayer and fasting, we were blessed with a job offer where we wanted. Since the hard part is over, we can now focus on getting ready to move to Missouri.
We are excited beyond words, and even more grateful for the blessings we received as we put our family's lives into the hands of Heavenly Father.
5 comments:
I'm so happy and relieved for you! And I'm so glad our prayers are answered!...
Prayers are answered, not always the way we (I) want, but definitely the way which is best for your family. Missouri is sooooooo far away!!! I love you all.
What an incredible story of faith. You people are a great example. Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best in Missouri, but will miss your family immensely.
Rhyetta, I just want you to know that I love you and am so grateful for your influence and example in my life. You have helped me to get out of my comfort zone many times so that I could grow. You are amazing. The people in St Joseph, will be blessed to have the Musser family joining them.
Woo hoo! We're waiting for you!
Another Pearson moving so far away. But congrats on the new job and the exciting new adventure. What an example of the believers you are.
Post a Comment