As an update to eventful journey to Missouri, we spent a busy week getting our house ready to rent. On Thursday, a couple we received a call from came to look at the house. They loved it and were extremely interested. It just so happened that after this couple left, a Realtor we had spoken with on the phone several times came by. Well, to make a long story short we ended up listing our house for sale. The task at hand was to get a renter for the short term so we can still keep our June 29th move date. How were we going to find a renter that would agree to live in a place that may (and hopefully) sell in about a month's time. We didn't know what to do except keep the faith and do what we were already doing.
Yesterday, I called this same couple to see if they were interested in renting on a month-to-month basis rather than the year lease we discussed about. They were fine with this, and I told them I would call their references and get back with them tomorrow (which is actually today). Blessings from heaven have continued to fall on us because we were able to sign this family to a month-to-month agreement so we can show proof we have our place rented.
Our focus has now turned to finding a place to live for our family in Missouri. Thanks to Anaise and Scott for helping us with this. They have graciously and by proxy looked at homes and listings we have suggested. Thank you.
As my mom taught me so long ago, this still rings true today. When you put your trust in God, you can't fail. Rhyetta, our kids, and I continue to learn this lesson over and over again as we continue on this exciting and scary journey to our new home.
P.S.- My teaching contract finally came in the mail Friday, and so it's officially official. We are moving to Missouri. I still don't know what my assignment will be but as with everything else we have experienced... patience and it will come, and it will be for the best.
4 comments:
Thank you, son, for reminding me that I need to trust in our Father in Heaven. Sometimes I forget, and think what I want is more important. As much as I will miss having just a day's drive to see my kids, I know it is the right thing for you. And, the flight is shorter.
I love you kids.
I'm so glad for the update--it takes an actual focusing of will-power to not call you every other day to find out what's happening. Hooray for yuor renters--Hooray for your house for sale--Hooray for your contract--Hooray for Missouri.
July 1 is marked on our calendar!
And I'm making plans for us all for the 4th--you'll need a break from unpacking anyway. :)
Boo hoo, I want in on the 4th fun!... :(
Yes, thank you for the update!
I wanted to say hi and I found you from Sara's page. But most of all thanks for the reminder that the Lord does look out for us and answers our prayers. Maybe not in the ways we thought or it takes time but he does answer them.
Thanks!
-Eva St. Clair
(our blog is private but send me an email and we can send you the request: evamariestclair@yahoo.com)
Post a Comment