Monday, June 2, 2014

First Trimester Fun

I always get extreme morning sickness. Some coworkers of mine jovially joked, "Maybe the 6th time's the charm!" Unfortunately, this time is no different. If anything, it's worse! The strangest thing this time around, as I've already mentioned to my family, is the necessary nighttime nibbling. In addition to eating every 2-3 hours during the day, I have to eat every 2-3 hours at night. I wake up starving and sick, grab some crackers or a piece of fruit, eat it, brush my teeth and go back to bed for a few more hours of sleep. Last night was my worst night yet. I spent the whole evening with my stomach churning and gurgling and nausea to the extreme. I just wished I could throw up. I just hoped I could. I tried!! And I cried!! Then, just after midnight, I woke up retching! Talk about making a girl jump out of bed! I still didn't throw up but I felt so ill I knew I couldn't fall asleep again till my stomach calmed down a bit so I grabbed a banana. Halfway through eating it, FINALLY, my body decided it had had enough and let me throw up. It was so satisfying! As soon as I finished, I ate the rest of my banana, then another one, drank some water, brushed my teeth and headed back to bed for what I hoped would be nausea-free slumber. Nope, I was up again at 3 something, this time eating some crackers and zoning out on Facebook. Back to bed, up again at 6 am. Another banana, back to bed. It is the strangest thing, truly. The good news is that I made an appointment for the doctor next Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anaise said...

Have you considered that such extreme hunger and nausea could indicate two . . . ?

Daddy-O said...

Yes, Anaise, I have wondered! Rhyetta

Sarah Millington said...

It doesn't seem appropriate to tell you I'm excited for you! When are you due? Hang in there. I have a friend pregnant with her 10th who has had some really sick pregnancies. She said she found something online that has been amazing. I'll check it out for you. I thought it strange and funny that she and I both in our most recent pregnancies craved nacho cheese sauce! What in the world!