Friday, June 13, 2014

A Magic Pill Part 2

The first couple of doses of Zofran worked wonders. I was so optimistic that I registered my family to attend a special performance of King Arthur at the library in Liberty that night. Then I started getting sick in the afternoon. And the headache that was bugging me in the morning but went away came back with a vengeance. And the food I was trying to keep in my stomach would not stay there! Matt took the kids without me because they begged him to while I stayed home and threw up, and threw up, and threw up some more. Now I was sick, hungry, thirsty, and headache-y. It was so miserable that I went to bed. I kept myself absolutely still and I kept it pitch dark. I took a few sips of water and a bite of banana. When that stayed down, I ate the banana and had a few more sips. When that stayed down, I took a Tylenol. And I told myself a thousand times, "Keep the food down. When the Tylenol dissolves, my headache will too." I wondered about going to the hospital because I was so thirsty but since some water was staying down I didn't need to. At 4 am I woke up and gave praise that my headache was gone! I stayed absolutely still and then took my Unisom and Vitamin B6 combo because that seems to work better at keeping food in my belly than the Zofran. Then I slept all morning long thanks to my husband who cares for me so well. No more magic Zofran. The side effects are too painful and it doesn't keep the nausea or vomiting away. :(

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Oh, rats!!!! I'm sorry.

On the flip side, my morning sickness is suddenly gone. I have my energy back. Probably the beginning of the end . . .