Well, 10 weeks along and I'm feeling some relief! I'm generally feeling well in the morning and I can accomplish some chores or projects. About lunchtime I feel a little sick and I usually end up lying down all afternoon. But some days are better and I can avoid the queasy factor all afternoon. For a few days I took a Zofran to help with the evening sickness along with the Unisom and B6 at night.
Yesterday was Sunday and I went to church which was great. And then I didn't feel sick all afternoon or all evening. I was tired (exhausted, really) but that's normal. I cooked dinner! Homemade butter from a friend who gave us raw milk along with bread. Cooked cauliflower and armadillos (sweet potatoes with herbs). I had an appetite again. We also made chocolate ice milk from the raw milk which was tasty!
But after taking my medicine at bedtime, my stomach churned till 1 am giving me insomnia. When I got up to eat something, I threw up instead. Today I've been exhausted just dealing with the bad night. I thought I was going to go to the library with the family this evening but again started feeling queasy in the afternoon and threw up my dinner.
Overall, I'm just grateful for some relief. Even though I'm not 100% at least I have some time in each day when I feel better.
I've also noticed I'm getting rounder. My clothes do not fit. Even my "fat clothes" are tight on me now. It's hard to swallow when I worked so hard to get out of those fat clothes! And it's too early to be showing! Gulp. That's what eating round the clock and not exercising for 4 weeks will do!
3 comments:
I have the maternity clothes right in my bedroom--ready for you to pick up . . . or for me to deliver to you. Scott's working for the next 4 days straight, and I don't have it in me to do the driving myself, but maybe next week?
What you've described is a lot like what I feel like these days--if I have energy and use it, then I have to recuperate later. A really big day will leave me out of commission for 2 full days afterward.
PS I don't know how well the maternity clothes will fit--they were ones we used when we started out 20-40 pounds heavier than we're starting now. Though I guess some smaller ones are in there, too.
I just love your updates. Hope you continue to document the pregnancy.
Post a Comment