Thursday, June 12, 2014
A Magic Pill
I thought Week 8 was going to be a little better than Week 7. I actually felt nausea-free for 1-2 hours each morning. I went to church on Sunday morning!
But Sunday afternoon/evening/night I was sicker than I have ever been. It wasn't just nausea, it was painful, tortuous queasiness, endless twisting and turning of my stomach with no relief. Then Monday I felt awful, just trying to recover from Sunday plus nausea 24/7. Tuesday Matt drove me to the new doctor's office we're going to attend this time around. I visited with a nurse and really felt good about their practices during pregnancy and delivery. Tuesday afternoon/evening/night was horrible again. The only time I feel relief is when I watched a movie and could keep my mind off of the illness. I stood up to go to the living room for family prayer. But as I was sitting on the couch waiting for everyone to gather, a wave of nausea brought me right back to my bedroom to kneel in a different kind of prayer, if you know what I mean.
Wednesday I didn't even feel good after I had eaten. Usually I have a few minutes when there's something in my stomach when I'm not sick, but I felt sick whether I was eating or not eating. I decided I couldn't handle it anymore. I decided to call my new doctor's office and ask for something else to help with the sickness.
The nurse said yes, they can give me something that might help. You put it under your tongue and let it dissolve. Take it every 8 hours. She called a prescription in to my pharmacy immediately and Matt picked it up for me.
It's a magic pill! It's called Zofran. It's for cancer treatment patients and patients after surgery. It's Category B for pregnancy which means there are no studies that confirm risk to the baby. I researched online and found a lot of women with healthy babies who used it during their pregnancy. Within an hour of taking it, I was nausea-free. I still felt tired, but not sick. It was amazing! Matt took the kids to the park last night so I had the house to myself and I actually cleaned out the school workboxes and gathered supplies for next year's school year. I couldn't have done that before, no way! The best part, however, was during the night. Last night, I went to bed about 10:30 pm… normally I'd be up at midnight either throwing up or eating a snack, then at 3 am, then at 6 am. Last night, I slept all night long. No nausea at all! I woke up at 5 am, hungry! It was awesome.
I'm actually still in bed (and it's 10 am) because of a headache and fatigue. But no more nausea!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't realize you've never taken Zofran. I thought it was a given that you'd have been offered it in the past--thought yu preferred the B6 or more homeopathic remedies. My doc has even offered it to me in the past, but I've never been sick enough to take it. I'm glad it works for you!!!!
Here's the link I promised you. I'm so glad the Zofran is helping!
http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-cause-and-cure-of-morning-sickness.html?m=1
Post a Comment