Here's what we cooked up at our house yesterday. I want it down for the record.
Breakfast: Oatmeal with brown sugar and milk as well as rich, cooked-over-the-stove hot chocolate (this was Ella's reward for surprising me by cleaning her room before I woke up! She got to make it). It was filling!
Lunch: One of four warm, nutritious, delicious loaves of homemade whole wheat bread. Served with peanut butter and honey or butter and homemade jam or any combination we wanted.
Dinner (with missionaries): Two perfectly moist and savory pork tenderloins as well as seven breaded pork chops (I wasn't sure how much the elders would eat!). Two oven-baked butternut squashes served with butter and brown sugar. Twenty-four homemade butterhorn rolls. Green salad with cucumber and carrots. And for dessert: two homemade chocolate cream pies with real pie crust and homemade whipped cream on top. It was heaven!
2 comments:
Oh does that remind me of my cooking days. Made me hungry for yummy homemade food. You must have been in the kitchen the whole day. I hope the missionaries appreciated your hard work.
You make my mouth water!!
Post a Comment