Twelve months goes by so quickly! A person can accomplish something really great in 12 months. If I wanted to, I could accomplish something important in the next 12 months. Something that I've been meaning to do for a long time. Something I expected would have happened by now. Something I hadn't gotten the motivation to accomplish in 2011. I bet you can guess it: lose weight.
This embarrassing blog post is my public declaration that I'm serious about my goal this year. I'm calling it 24-in-12: 24 pounds in 12 months. Losing 24 pounds will get me back to my comfortable size 8 jeans. I'm squeezing myself into size 12's at the moment.
Even more embarrassing, I'm going to admit my current weight. I plan to never return to it again. At Wal-Mart this morning, I actually took a scale off the shelf, opened the package, weighed myself to get the number I needed, then put it back in it's package and returned it to the shelf! I'm too cheap to actually buy a scale because it's not an item I even want in my home! Anyway, the number was 155. Terrifying and shocking.
I'm really excited about my plan. In order to accomplish it, I commit to exercising daily (a walk or some yoga), drinking 8 glasses of water daily and eating only 2 treats per week. Wish me luck!
Oh, and here's a picture of our wonderful 1-year-old!
4 comments:
Good luck to you!!!!!!
And your boy is so beautiful. :)
Wow! He's bigger than Sarajoy at 2 and 1/2! Love those chubbies. Good luck with your goal. Very healthy and do-able!
hi Rhyetta! I have been keeping up with you by subscribing to your blog. Blogs are great that way. Fun to see your little family grow.
So on your goal -- You should TOTALLY join me on Loseit.com. It is a free website and mobile app that you can use to help you lose weight. my neighbors turned me on to it and they have lost about 60 (the wife) and 30 (the hubby) lbs. I have been using it to drop my last few lbs of baby weight. I reached my original goal of dropping 7 lbs before the holidays but now I am back on there to lose another 10 so I can get back to "before I had babies" weight.
It helps you track your food and exercise and is nice because you can network with friends who are also on there and encourage each other and be accountable to them. (they can see what you log for your last meal and your exercise.) I love it because seeing my neighbors work out everyday makes me feel like I need to get my booty going and I also get meal ideas from looking at what they are eating. We cheer each other on for our successes and encourage each other to keep at it through discouraging slip ups.
Anyway I would love to have you join me on there. It would be another fun way to keep in touch. I'd have emailed this but I am not sure if your email is the same hotmail I have. You can email me if you want at stephaniewaite at gmail dot com.
Love you guys!
Steph
I've heard those mobile apps are the way to go. I'm reaching (trying so hard to reach anyway) to get the motivation to lose these last 8 pounds. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? I know I can do it, but I'm so into other things right now that I'm really having a hard time making it a priority.
So good for you! How exciting. Oooh, I want to give that boy a kiss under his chin!
Post a Comment