Thursday, September 8, 2011

I got the job!

I found what I was looking for. Remember when I was searching for something to give me a change of scenery, a break of some kind, a hobby, a class, a part-time job? I got it, ba-by!

It is funny how it all started with Matt submitting an online application to the library for me. He didn't even ask me, he just sent it when he checked e-mail first one morning and saw there was an opening for a Substitute Library Clerk. This was the position I applied for at the beginning of the summer and didn't get. I might not have even applied the second time out of embarrassment, I don't know, but he decided for me and sent it.

Weeks later after the job posting was removed from the internet and I assumed it had been filled, I got called in by the director for an interview! Surprise! This interview was better than the first one because I was more comfortable and confident.

Two days ago there was a message on my answering machine from the director of the library asking me to call her back. Matt and I listened to it as I tried to "read between the lines" of her message to determine if I had gotten the job or not but I couldn't figure it out.

Last night I called her back and she asked me to work for the library! I am so excited because this is a dream job for me. Just being in the library makes me happy. Now I get to help people find the books they're looking for and sign children up for their first library cards and spend time in the most orderly and book-filled place! This library system is amazing; I love it!

I know it's a little bit crazy with my youngins and all; some might think it's a wrong decision for me to leave my babies in the hands of a babysitter. But I know I will be happier and they will be happier if we get a break from each other every now and then! And I am confident that I will find a family or two that will watch my kids lovingly and their kids will play with my kids and it will be beneficial for all.

I am blessed! Thank you, Matt!

4 comments:

Karina said...

Awesome! I thought Matt was crazy when I found out he did that after you had already applied the beginning of summer. That means I'm the crazy one! Too cool.

Anaise said...

Congratulations!

Liz, in New York said...

Working in a library or a bookstore has always been a dream of mine. Congratulations, truly. I'm happy for you! :)

Sarah Millington said...

So happy for you! I know you've wanted to work at a library forever. I agree that it would be totally fun! Glad you got your wish!