I just agree with this statement:
"Housekeeping is like the Word of Wisdom: we master it, and then go on to more important things. Cleanliness is pleasant but order is more important, and orderly lives require that ordering a house take a minor role. The dirty dishes can never be conquered; we have them with us always. By relegating them to their own brief hour we can rise above them. Housekeeping can be put down by this final insult: Do it but don't think about it."
Don't you agree?
3 comments:
Source?
I wish I knew, Becky, but there is no source listed. I got it from an issue of Dialogue from 1971 that I borrowed from my mom. There was a compilation of quotes about housekeeping and this was my favorite. No authors were listed.
"Cooking and cleaning can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my babies, and babies don't keep."
Your house is in order, your priorities are straight.
I love you.
Post a Comment