Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm going to the library...

I've wanted to work at the library for years. I love the library. It is my favorite place to go to get a break from home life. It is quiet (aaaahhhh). It is orderly (lovely). It is full of books (cool!). It is free (hello!)! Kansas City, Missouri has the coolest library system that I have ever come across--it is 30 branches all connected, so they almost always have the book I'm looking for! You simply request it and you get it. The libraries have drive-through windows so you don't have to get the kids out of the car to pick up a book or movie on hold. How cool is that?! When we first moved here and I had fallen deeply in love with my local library, I asked if I could volunteer and they said no. They don't do that anymore. Pretty much you have to get hired. So, I applied. And interviewed. And I got the job! It pays little. It is pretty much going to be shelving books and pulling books. But for two nights a week and every other Saturday I get to be in the library!!!

5 comments:

Anaise said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

Can you get them to put a drive-through window at Antioch?

Grandma M said...

How cool is that? And can you get Kian all the Science books they have so he can peruse new ways to...whatever? What a fun job!

Maria Olson said...

Congratulations! That sounds like my kind of library. I am still adjusting to the Payson library. I find that I really miss the Spanish Fork one. Maybe I will have to just pay for a membership. But yours sounds so great.

Judy Francisco said...

And you'll make librarian friends too, who will keep you updated on everything that's going on in the city! I think it's GREAT!

Sarah Millington said...

Hooray! I know you applied here in Spanish Fork. I'm glad you're living the dream life, baby!