Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kian, our scientist

The other night, Kian said something I thought was funny. Matt had asked him to do some chore of some kind and he replied, "Just a minute. I have to go to my laboratory first." I was somewhere else in the house but could hear him. I wondered to myself, "Did he just say he has to go to his laboratory? Since when does he have a laboratory?!"

Matt and I walked into his bedroom to find cardboard boxes set up at the end of his bed to create a kind of "room" with all sorts of "equipment:" plastic cups filled with water (for experiments), assorted containers for holding his makeshift chemicals (crushed up Kix, anything powdery I might let him have, torn up bits of paper, etc.) and anything else interesting he might have collected like pieces of metal or balloons or whatnot. Part of his lab is his recycling plant where he takes stuff from our garbage and creates new uses for it.

It's not something I ever played when I was a kid, but he sure has fun!

4 comments:

Grandma M said...

Ob my gosh. I must be in some sort of psychic communication with Kian. Just wait till Christmas!!!!

Anaise said...

How delightful . . . and messy! I think you're a great mom to tolerate all those "chemicals" in his room!! :) Someday when he wins the Nobel Prize for his groundbreaking scientific research, I'll remind him to thank his lovely mother for allowing--encouraging--the pursuit of his dreams.

Diane said...

Adorable!

Karina said...

You have got to look into "Make" magazine. We just discovered it, and we cannot stop thinking about how much Kian would LOVE it!