I've been trying to think of a good story to share about what the kids are up to, but there's just not anything new around here.
We did have to take Ella for an emergency visit to the urgent care because we thought she had broken her arm while wrestling with Kian and Abby. Thankfully, it was only a ligament out of place that the doctor popped right back into place. No cast, no orthopedic visits. And we can arrange with the office for a discounted payment plan. Phew.
Matt and I got called into Nursery. Well, me really, but he's my unofficial helper till they call one. Not really excited about it, at all, but whatever. We're slowly making friends. For some reason, I miss Utah lately. I miss the abundant produce! And I miss my friends. I'm not liking living in an apartment and having such restricted playtime outside. Matt and I drove to some properties for sale yesterday and fell in love with a 32-acre lot with creek, open pasture, windmill, even a path through the woods. It's too pricey for us. Anyone want to go in on it together? There's plenty of room for two households.
The kids are growing. Kian has discovered crossword puzzles. All of them love to cut coupons with me. Kian spent half a day last week doing odd jobs around the house to earn money for something he wanted to buy at Walgreens he saw in the ad. What was it that he wanted to buy so badly? Epsom salt. No kidding. He could've had cookies. He could've picked candy. But he was so eager to earn money, walk to Walgreens and buy Epsom salt. Three pounds of it, for only $2!
Abby loves to color and read and write. She learns so differently from Kian, but so much more like me, it makes me happy. Ella is just happy, sometimes mischevious, but happy and loving. She is very excited for her upcoming birthday. She wants to invite everyone in the world and get a new lamby. Consider yourself invited!
Felicity is growing too. She is slowly making the change from baby to little kid. I'm trying to teach her spanish, well all of us are trying to learn it. When I wash her hands after a meal, I say "la mano" and she gives me her hand and repeats "la-ma-no." It is sweet.
Matt is plugging on with work. It is hard. He does not like the drive. He does not like the kids' laziness or whining attitudes. I don't think he'll want to return next year, but we'll just see what happens.
Well, that's the scoop. What's going on with you?
5 comments:
Good to hear about the kids. Alex and Libby learn very differently too.
Did Ella have nursemaids elbow? Because Alex had it at least three times. We should talk.
That Kian is hysterical.
So what in the world is Kian going to do with all that Epsom salt? It is very relaxing in a bath, or dissolved for stomach upset. I'm very curious about this.
I loved talking to the kids tonight. They are so precious and loving.
Keep thinking about Utah and all the lovely produce. I'm sure Matt's school will welcome him back. hint, hint.
Hey! There's gobs of lovely produce around here . . . except that you are limited in your abilities to get around and find it and you haven't had the chance to find new favorite haunts and sources.
I'm sorry you're homesick for Utah . . . I understand. I hope to feel like a human being again soon, and act like your sister/friend!
Utah misses you too...Snif
I agree with Sarah. We miss you very much. It's fun to hear what the you are all up to. I hope you get into a house soon in a place that you all love.
Post a Comment