Friday, July 3, 2009

We are Missourians!

Just a quick, quick note to update you. After three days of driving, we made it safely to Platte City, MO! Our apartment is small, smaller than it said it was. But we stuffed our boxes into our closets and bought a 20 inch by 48 inch card table for our teeny, tiny kitchen and now we can call it home. Thanks to Anaise and Scott, we got unpacked so quickly and to our new awesome ward. The cousins are LOVING each other.

4 comments:

Maria said...

I am so happy to hear that you made it safe and sound and that you are near family. That will be wonderful for you.

Anaise said...

Welcome! Welcome! We're so glad you're here!

And I will second your assertions that the cousins are LOVING each other! :)

Judy Francisco said...

I feel like MY prayers have been answered for your safe travel! Hope all are well and that you make a quick adjustment to the change of climate!

Sorry for the tiny kitchen. You'll have to pretend you are pioneers living in a log cabin! (I actually think westerners make kitchens too big; must be an overreaction to having them too small...). There was a time when families just ate in front of the TV on trays--didn't use a dining room...

Thanks for the update!

Grandma M said...

Hey! I just made some citronella soap I'm going to send to you. Please share some with Anaise. If it works the way I think it will, I'll make more for you for the summer. The aromatherapist said it should control the mosquitoes and other little buggers.