The coupon deals this month have been so good....I must share.
First, free beverages. Matt and the kids have gone online to play a Sobe Life Water game and they keep winning Buy One Get One Free coupons. You can play every day if you want. Well, we ended up with 20 or so of these coupons. Last week at CVS, Sobe Life Water was on sale Buy One Get One Free. When you combine a BOGO free sale with a BOGO free coupon, they both turn out free! So we got about 40 bottles of Life Water for free. Fun!
Second, breakfast cereal. Normally I consider it a good deal if I can use coupons and sales to get cereal for $1/box or less. One time I sent Matt to the store with a stack of coupons and told him to get some Cheerios if it was $1/box or less. He came home with 52 boxes! The kids made huge walls of Cheerios boxes! We went through them all while I was sick with nausea.
Well, this week's deal is even better than $1/box. On sale now at Hy-Vee (my favorite grocery store) are General Mills cereal. In the store ad is a coupon for $10 off instantly when you buy 6 boxes of cereal. Well, I can combine my own coupons with this store ad coupon and save $13-14 off of the 6 boxes of cereal. Already, my $1/box threshold has been met. But, to sweeten the deal even further, when you buy these 6 boxes of cereal, the register prints up a $6 catalina coupon which is basically $6 off your next purchase at the store (it's like cash in your pocket good on anything at Hy-Vee). So, not only am I getting a smoking hot deal on cereal, they are giving me money back.
Tonight on a date night, Matt and I stopped in at Hy-Vee. We both picked 6 boxes of cereal, gathered our coupons and checked out. His total was $3.83 after coupons. Mine was $3.65. Then the store gave us back a $6 catalina coupon. So, basically, they paid us just over $2 to buy 6 boxes of cereal. Cha-ching! Love, love, love deals like these.
It's why couponing is fun.
PS: Should I feel bad for eating Peanut Butter Captain Crunch at 10 at night? My excuse is: I'm pregnant!
7 comments:
Nope not at all!
We love couponing too but I got behind with our pregnancy and then subsequent complications so I made a promise to myself to start again this month :)
I love that you are finding awesome deals too. I've been doing it for a year and it is so fun to come home with tons of stuff for little money. I even had a store give me cash back one time! Congrats on your pregnancy too!!!
I love stories like this! And then I get all fired up and I want to coupon my brains out...but seriously, it never works for me. I finally decided it's because we don't have any cool stores like Hy-vee out here that give money back for things. Yes? No? I can't figure it out. But you are inspiring, nonetheless (and not just when it comes to couponing)!
Way to go! I keep wanting to do couponing, but haven't been able to make it work. I wanna find some good deals. PS I have some stuff to send to you, but we got a new computer and I lost your current info. Will you email me your latest phone and address. I don't know if you have my new email address. ----gal@comcast.net Fill in the 4 blanks with whose gal I am.
I miss you.
Liz, if you've got CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid anywhere near you, you can be getting fabulous deals, earning money back, getting things for free, etc. The drug store game is by far the most rewarding in terms of getting "money" back. My favorite coupon site is hip2save.com She's based in North Carolina but has deals for all over: Target, Wal-Mart, drug stores, grocery stores, online deals.
Hot deals where the store gives you catalina coupons back come few and far between, but they do come. Even without those, though, have you saved money with coupons? I love scouring the weekly ads and then matching them with my coupons, especially if the coupons double.
I think Captain Crunch at any time is good eatin.
Rhyetta,
I so miss you. I am so glad you are still couponing. I am still teaching classes and would love to teach a class out there. Interested? Also congrats on your pregnancy. I know I'm late, but just saw you on facebook. Got chickens how very fun. So good I found you again. We'll talk soon. Message me on facebook.
Post a Comment