I realize that it has been a LONG time since Matt or I have written anything...it may be a long time after today just because we are busy with life.
Last night for Family O H'evening (it's F.O.H. at our house, remember?) Kian wanted to build kites. Matt had picked up some sticks at his classroom from when he made kites with his students so we were set. Matt called us all into the living room and asked who wanted to be in charge of music? Abby volunteered; she is always in charge of music! Kian had already picked the activity and Matt had already made the brownies which left prayers and lesson. Ella happily volunteered for the prayers; she would say them all herself if we let her. I happily volunteered for the lesson (I actually had something brewing in my mind).
After singing Abby's favorite Primary song (I see my mother kneeling) and Ella's prayer, I talked to the kids about kites. How do kites travel? The wind, of course! I told the kids that our family is like a kite. Right now, Heavenly Father is blowing the wind (wooooooosh) and he's going to send our family somewhere new. We are probably going to move and Mommy and Daddy are doing everything we know how to feel the wind and follow it (going to the temple, exercising faith, fasting and praying, job hunting). I think the kids got it and it was really fun to explain to the kids how we're going to go where God wants us to go.
Even though we are considered foolish for not returning to Matt's guaranteed job at N.W.A. according to worldly wisdom, we've decided to follow God's promptings instead. We're actually really happy and excited about this decision!
6 comments:
What?! OMG. Seriously? That's really cool. I wish you the best...really, really the best. Are you going to Enterprise? What a cute lesson.
I'm excited and nervous for you. I am so impressed with the faith that your family shows.
WOW. I can't wait to hear more. Following answers to prayers sometimes doesn't seem like the logical thing to do, but it always works out. :)
Great announcement. When we moved 7 years ago, it felt like the end of the world, but it's now just wonderful. I'm sure that in spite of all the upheaval and uncertainty in your hearts right now, you'll be led to a place that will be HOME.
And God's wisdom is ever so much better than the world's.
I say what Grandma M says. Plus, I'm praying for you!
How exciting! Can't wait to see how things turn out for you.
Post a Comment