Monday, December 7, 2015

One evening during family prayer, Kian prayed, "Please bless Dad's cancer to be... (pause) benign... and not... (pause) indignant."

I chuckled.  "Kian, the word you were looking for was malignant."

Kian responded, "I know.  I know.  I know the word."

I chuckled again and left it at that.  I'm not certain he does know the word.  I mean, if it's cancer, it's automatically malignant, right?!

**********************************************************************

Klaus has witnessed blessings given to Daddy regarding the cancer as well as blessings from Daddy to all of the kids at the start of each school year.  Tonight he told Dad he wanted to give him a blessing.  While Klaus doesn't hold the priesthood yet, I encouraged him: "That's very sweet, Klaus, go ahead," I said.  He put his hands on Matt's head, closed his eyes and prayed, "Matt Knight Musser, by the authority of the priesthood, I bless you that the cancer will go away (and he pushed his hands to the side like he was pushing it away)."  I told him it was good practice for when he will have the priesthood when he's older.  What a sweetheart.

**********************************************************************

Matt is exactly halfway through the radiation treatments.  He is dealing with discomfort mainly and burning and itching, all of which are annoying but manageable.  But he's also got severe pain at certain moments of the day.  I don't think I can go into all the details here because it's kind of private. But it's really bad and there's nothing I can do about it.  Prayers requested for his strength and endurance.

Here is a picture of him sleeping soundly in the middle of the day on Saturday even with all of the kids awake and playing in the same room.  Maybe the fatigue is hitting him now too.  Can you see the beautiful blanket that my good friend, Kim Wagner, made for him to give him comfort during this difficult time?  It is the softest blanket I have ever felt in my life and it is gorgeous, absolutely stunning.  What a treasure.


3 comments:

Joe said...

Thank you!

chadeuss said...

Such a touching note. Klaus's blessing is heard by God ... "for of such is the kingdom of God." Love in Christ, GranDad Chad

Anaise said...

I don't know what to say except that I continue to keep you all in my prayers.