Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Funny Math Solutions

Reviewing Kian's math worksheet today was hilarious. Check out his answers:

In a pie chart showing the favorite colors of 32 pupils in a class, half of the pie liked yellow, 1/4 of the circle chart liked green, and then 1/8 of the pie liked blue and red each. But instead of answering, 1/2 for yellow, 1/4 for green, 1/8 for blue and 1/8 for red, he answered: 1024/2048 liked yellow, where x=4 x-3/x liked green, 2/16 liked red and 1/8 liked blue. Seriously!

And then for the fill in the blanks:

What + 1/4 = 5/4? He wrote 10 divided by 10 over 20 divided by 20.

What + 2/7 = 1? He wrote 50/70.

What + 0.7 = 1? He wrote 3/10.

6 - what = 4.5? He wrote 1 and 256/512.

What - 1/5 = 4/5? He wrote 5/10-5.

What - 0.3 = 0.7? He wrote the square root of 25 - 4 over 1.

I told him that if math comes this easy to him, he should consider himself blessed.

4 comments:

Karina said...

You've got to be kidding me. This is hilarious! The kids and I started reading a book that I think is going to be great for Kian. I mean, waaaay below his level and everything. It might take him a half hour to read and all, but the premise is a girl who realizes she is a genius from the time she's 1 (and her memory is perfectly intact even way back then). She tries her whole life to not get noticed doing anything unusual (or smart). We just started the book so I can't technically recommend it yet, but when we're done I'll let you know if it would be good. I just keep thinking about Kian when we read it together.

Inspiration Station said...

You are growing geniuses Rhyetta! Isn't homeschooling great?

Anaise said...

Holy cannoli your boy is brilliant . . . not that I didn't know that already, but . . . sheesh!!!!

warren said...

mind-boggling!