I don't know where they get these ideas. It's certainly not by example...
One night while we were at the church for Cub Scouts, Abby sauntered over to a friend of mine, took a feminine stance with her hand on her hips and declared, "Women don't do man's work. Women sew (exaggerated sigh), knit (flip of the hair), and clean the house." Don't worry: My friend wasn't convinced.
And then, last night at the dinner table, the kids had their own conversation:
Felicity: When Klaus is 10 or 9 he can go to Cub Scouts!
Kian: No, when he is 8 he can go to Cub Scouts.
Abby: When I'm 8 I can go to Activity Days!
Kian: I bet Cub Scouts is better than Activity Days.
Abby: I think in Activity Days you go camping.
Kian: In Activity Days you learn how to sew, mop floors and rub a man's feet.
(I just stared at him in wonder.)
Abby and I are not convinced.
2 comments:
They're so funny!!!!
I wonder if Kian wants a foot rub?
bwa-ha-ha. Hilarious! I miss them.
Post a Comment