First, here is Abby's version of this exciting event...
Abby Rescues Blackie by Abby Musser
One day in a huge forest with a clearing there was a family. Mom, Ella, Felicity and me went on a walk and a big dog and a small puppy came along. The dog was named Wilbur and the small puppy was named Blackie.
Now, Blackie always followed Wilbur. While we were walking back home, Blackie followed Wilbur into some tall grass and did not come back! So I, Abby, went in and rescued Blackie. Then we went home and played. We still have our beloved Blackie and he still loves us. The End.
Abby Saves the Day by Rhyetta Musser
Today we took a break from learning to go for a walk. It was hot but now and then a refreshingly cool breeze brushed past us and the day felt extremely pleasant. Our new puppy Blackie followed us along with Wilbur, our dog. It was a healthy exertion for us all climbing up and down hills. On our return, the puppy followed Wilbur into a brush-filled, sloped field and didn't come out again. "Blackie, come!" we called. We heard him cry from not too far away. I didn't want to enter the tall, grassy, tick-infested, chigger-loaded field to rescue him! But Abby was unafraid. She bravely stepped in, found a path to him (there were big spiderwebs too!) and pulled him into her arms.
"The brave rescuer saves her helpless puppy!" I declared encouragingly. She beamed at her heroic adventure for the morning. The End.
3 comments:
You are both great storytellers. I loved both versions.
Hooray for a successful rescue!
This is so cute, Rhyetta. I love the way you are learning with your kids.
Post a Comment