We had the opportunity to attend a wedding and reception of Matt's coworker this past weekend. It was awesome! It was so fun to teach the kids some etiquette, get all dressed up, and brave the blazing hot weather to celebrate with E. and J. Here are some of the highlights from the weekend. They certainly made us laugh.
The girls especially were so excited to see the wedding ceremony. We had looked forward to it for weeks. It was difficult for them to enjoy it, however, because they had to stay quiet and there was a broad-shouldered man sitting in the row in front of us. One of the nicest things about it was that after the ceremony the bride and groom personally greeted each guest as they left the chapel, row by row. We waited our turn as the front rows were dismissed first. I asked the girls if they wanted to hug the bride which I thought they would seeing she was wearing such a pretty white dress but they felt shy and chose not to. When they came to our row, we all stood up and congratulated and hugged the bride and groom, well, all of us except Felicity. She decided there was no way she was going to get close to those strangers. She refused to leave the pew. No worries that everyone behind us was waiting for their turn to leave the chapel! She backed up into me (I was holding our 25-pound baby in the heat). I tried to escort her out with my hand, pulling on her hand, but she wouldn't have it. She climbed onto the pew to avoid getting near them! They got the hint and backed up but I still couldn't pull her out. I got out of the way (Klaus is heavy!) and Matt came back to pick her up to leave but she had lost her shoe climbing onto the bench. Matt reached down to collect it and heard a rip. His pants had ripped right there in the chapel with everyone behind us watching this little escapade! We exited as discreetly as possible!
After a trip to JC Penney to buy some new pants!, we were on our way to the reception held at a hotel in the city. It was held in the ballroom. There was an entire table dedicated to holding huge glass candy bowls filled to the brim with assorted candies. The guests were allowed to fill up a bag of candy as a treat. The kids loved it of course! I loved the music and the dancing. I got to dance with the girls spinning them around as much as they liked. Kian wouldn't dance with me, but he did get out on the dance floor and made up some of his own fancy footwork. It was very methodical and required his total concentration. Some of Matt's coworkers held Klaus for us so Matt was able to dance with me. That was the best part!
Some of Matt's coworkers helped themselves to the open bar and there was a cup left on our table with a straw and pretty pink liquid on the bottom. This looked more appetizing to Ella then our own water goblets, so she decided to pick it up to refresh herself after dancing. (In her defense, we do share water glasses and cups at home). I was thankful that I saw her drink a sip of this alcoholic beverage and quickly grabbed the cup away, telling her that it was someone else's cup and that it had alcohol! She spit what was left in her mouth back into the cup and felt very bad about it.
We danced and visited and ate cake till 9 pm when it was decided by all to go home. We all loved it.
The next morning we were getting ready for church and I had a lot to do to get ready so I asked Abby to help Felicity get dressed because they were wearing matching dresses. She volunteered to do so cheerily and Felicity looked great. I helped her with her shoes and we went to church. It wasn't until Matt sat her on his lap during church that we realized she had no underwear! The little flasher!
Such fun times in our family this weekend.
5 comments:
I love those kids! Felicity must have thought, "What freedom this is!" I'm glad there were no adverse effects from Ella's adventure.
I'm laughing all over again with the retelling...
No underwear!?!?!? Oh, that totally is the best part of the whole weekend!! :)
Too funny about Ella and the alcoholic beverage!
Love it! I hope you have some pictures of those kids to share!
Oh SO funny! I am so happy you all were able to share in our special day and were able to create your own memories!!! I love your families perspective on our special day! I can't believe Matt ripped his pants AGAIN!!! I think it could be time for a different size....hhehehehe....someone is feeding him too well!!!
This was a great thing to read the morning after we arrived back from our honeymoon. Thank you for everything!!!
Post a Comment