Monday, March 7, 2011

Never Ceasing to Amaze Me

This is not a prideful comment, but I believe that Kian is a genius and totally in-tune with the Holy Ghost. Let me explain...

We have what is called a yard hydrant that provides us plenty of water for our garden. It has had a leak that has gradually worsened (to the tune of a $100+ water bill last month. YIKES!!!). We went to home depot and purchased a 3/4" garden spigot to replace the hydrant. As I took of the old hydrant, I quickly learned that the new spigot I got was too small. So I took the old hydrant to the hardware store. I purchased a new one and placed it where the old one was. After turning the water on, to my disbelief, the water was coming out of a closed hydrant more than it was leaking from the old one. As I came into the house retelling what the current situation was, Kian chimed in. I didn't want to listen to what he was saying at first, but decided to listen. He suggested putting the new spigot onto the hydrant where the hose would normally go. Man, why don't I think of great ideas like this??? Needless to say, it worked. No more leak (hopefully). Yes, the new hydrant still leaks, but with the two pieces working together there's no leak. I came into the house hailing Kian as a genius and that he is so in-tune with the Spirit.

It never ceases to amaze me of the validity of "out of the mouth of babes" do we learn great things.

3 comments:

Grandma M said...

Oh, my yes! Anyone who really listens to Kian...I mean REALLY listens...knows that he listens to something not here. Some of the ideas that come out of his head...

B. Perky said...

Children don't have the clutter that we all have accumlulated that blocks our moments of brilliance. Also we have so much "noise" in our lives we forget to listen.

Anaise said...

I don't think you're bragging at all.

There's definitely something special about that boy . . . and I'm convinced that all of your children have the gift of prayer . . . I love to listen to them pray!