There are many things that may seem unfair we encounter every day, but when we are in the minority some things just happen. Such is life and we deal with it and move on.
After Rhyetta gave birth to Nikolaus, I decided that it would be time to grow some facial hair. As the weeks passed, Rhyetta would ask, "When are you going to shave?" My response was, "When you ask me to." Last Friday (January, 14 2011) during dinner I asked the family if they think I should shave. Opinions were shared and it was taken to a vote. Rhyetta, of course, raised her hand for me to shave. What was a surprise was Abby, Ella, and Felicity followed suit. Kian and Nikolaus were the only ones that sided with me. The votes were cast: 4 to 3 for me to shave. Girls against the boys. We boys are in the minority in our family, so I better be careful on what we vote for around here. There are just so many things to get used to around here, and add this to the list, eh?
3 comments:
Oh Matt, you have my deepest sympathies! I had grown a beard recently and Savina really liked it and I enjoyed the whole mountain man aesthetic that it represented. Well, soon enough every last co-worker of mine had facial hair of some kind and the big boss couldn't take it any more and ordered us all to shave. I wanted to quit that very day!
Just think about poor Scott--he never wins anything either!
Poor, poor baby!!
Post a Comment