I realized something cool this morning... It was how well we fit in here.
Who would have thought that two modern kids growing up in So-Cal minutes from the beach with all the conveniences that L.A. offers would end up belonging in the farm country of rural Missouri? The friends we've made since we've moved here feel like they'll be our friends for life. When we go to church on Sunday, the parking lot is filled with vans and cars covered in as much mud and dirt as ours is because most of them live in the country too. I think the average family size in our ward is 8. It's 40 miles to go to the library, and just as far for any store other than Wal-Mart. I just think it's funny. And it feels really good to belong.
6 comments:
Ahhhh, don't you just love that?!
I really feel like I belong here, but I wish I had closer friends. I always thought it was hard to find best friends because of our station in life, you know with all our little kids and being so busy and all, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm always on the lookout for my new bff.
Belonging matters.
I have to remember that for my kids' sake.
I'm glad you're happy--I was rather worried about you for the first several months after your arrival in MO. :)
I call it the miracle of living by the Spirit! I'm blessed to be a witness to it unfolding...
That feeling has always descended on me after I've lived in a place for about a year. Looks like you've had the same experience! I hope to be saying the same about my new place in about a year.
Oh I'm so glad! That sounds great! I haven't felt that since we left Spanish Fork...hoping for it here. I'm glad for you. Hope your pregnancy is going well.
I have to admit I am a little jealous. It sounds so wonderful!! So glad that you found your place:)
Post a Comment