It's been six weeks since the morning sickness started (never actually in the morning, mind you, much worse at night, but anyway...)
Six weeks of nausea. Day after day of feeling like I'm going to puke all the time, and many times actually puking. I've watched endless movies. I've read dozens of novels. I've laid in bed and tried not to move or smell for 10 hours/day. I've laid in misery, asking myself "Why?!" and "When will this ever end?!" and hoping that this will be the last time I ever have to go through with it. The kids were so ignored before Matt got home for the summer, acting out, desperately needing attention. Matt's home now and so wonderfully taking care of all of us.
And then, I reached 11 weeks, and all of a sudden I'm not nauseous all the time! I'm not feeling desperately sick anymore! I've started to feel myself again--with ambitions. I picked up my first book of nonfiction that I read in a day! It feels so good, I want to shout, "Hooray!"
Yeah, I still feel pukey at night and I gag at every bad smell, and Matt still changes all the diapers and does all the laundry, BUT I can be in the kitchen again! I can open the fridge again! I can sweep the floor and help out around the house!
Come on everybody, shout "Hooray!"
6 comments:
Awesome! Our new family motto is "I can do hard things." But pregnancy is something I cannot/I will not do. It's too hard!!!
Oh, Yay!! Finally! I'm sure the kids are glad to have you back.
Yipee! I am glad you are feeling better!
Hooray from me!! (Karina's comment cracked me up--saying she will not do it when she has done it what? 6 times!). :)
I'm glad you're feeling better!!!
And I think Karina's total is closer to 7.
Oh! I am so glad you are feeling better. Remember how we're totally done having kids? How we've had a confirmation of our decision? How I'm so beyond even wanting to experience that again?
Well, you're the second pregnant person whose blog I've read tonight, and my heart is going pitter patter and I'm thinking those impossible baby hungry thoughts. It will probably never go away for me. I just love babies too much!
Post a Comment