Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fun in the Summertime

Today, in the morning before it reached the 90's with high humidity, we went to the Robertson's to pick blackberries. It was fun, personally, to pick the berries off of the bush while popping a few in my mouth. It was fun to see Kian, Ella, and Abby picking berries while joyfully filling a Zip-Loc bag. We discovered that Abby has become our pro berry-picker. She was crawling and crouching beneath the bushes to get the black, ripe, juicy, sweet/tart berries. Rhyetta came away with purple hands from picking berries off the bush, while the kids had evidence of the delicious berries around their mouths.

After the berry picking, we sat down for a relatively cool lunch. Needless to say pictures describe how well these cousins get along with each other.




4 comments:

Grandma M said...

I love that "Pretty in Pink" look!!!

Anaise said...

I love the one of Kian at the picnic table--what a face!

Alyssa sat with me as I scrolled through the pictures, "'Dere Kian . . . 'Dere Abby . . . 'Dere Elya . . . 'Dere 'Lickty . . ." She'd like to know when you're coming over again. :)

It's true--these cousins can't get enough of each other. What a marvel and a blessing that they love each other so much. I'm so glad you're here!

Judy Francisco said...

I noticed the girls all pinky too... except for the purple faces! How do you find enough pink for all those girls?!

AD said...

What fun to be close to cousins! You are so lucky to be able to share these years with Anaise and family. Your kids are adorable!! That picture of Felicity is a killer!