While brushing Abby's hair this morning, she asked me such a surprisingly funny question. She asked in her gentle, sweet voice, "Mommy, who would you like me to marry?" I giggled and said something like, "I don't know the specific person, but I want him to be someone good and kind, who will never hit you or yell at you but will love you and be kind to you like Daddy is to me. And someone who will take you to the temple." She smiled at this and then asked, "Is Prince Charming still alive?"
3 comments:
Yes, Prince Charming is still alive, Abby. Just wait about 15 years and you will find him, just like your mommy did!
Oh, how I wonder if even Prince Charming is good enough for these sweet girls!
What a perfect teaching moment! (that's coming from someone who works with victims of domestic violence). I wonder if Abby will stay open to her parents choosing someone good for her... :)
Post a Comment